Low Back Pain in Dee Why - Treat it today!
Low back pain is extremely common as 80% of adults report they have experienced it at some stage of their life. Low back pain can vary in severity from a mild ache to debilitating. The onset of low back pain can gradually increase over time or can be quite sudden. Whether you work at a desk or have a job that requires a lot of lifting or bending, low back pain can severely affect your productivity. Your quality of life can be also compromised as it may limit your ability to engage in activities that you enjoy such playing your favourite sports, or picking up your child.
Common causes of low back pain include:
- Bending over
- Prolonged sitting
- Poor lifting form
- Muscular imbalances
- Poor Posture
- Sports injuries or accidents
Sources of low back pain include:
- Irritation of large nerve roots in the low back that refer pain into the legs
- Bones, ligaments and joints may be injured
- The intervertebral disc may be damaged or degenerating
- Muscular Strain
- Organ referral
Symptoms of low back pain include:
- Low back ache that is constant
- Referral into the hip, buttock or legs
- Back stiffness and limited motion due to pain
- Numbness, tingling and/or weakness in the lower limbs
- Alteration in organ function
For some people their pain may resolve itself within a few days or weeks, however for some it can manifest into a chronic condition that may last for months or even years. While medications may provide temporary relief, the underlying cause of the pain is left untreated. At our clinic we aim to accurately diagnose the source of the pain through the use of a thorough case history and physical examination. Once the source of your pain is identified an individulised treatment program can be implemented targeting the symptoms and source of your pain.
If you have any further questions regarding back pain and how we can help you, don’t hesitate to call us today.
Book an Appointment
Are you ready to change your life for the better, book an appointment online!